Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Super Easy Cookies

I live in a small town. And by a small town, I mean one with no grocery store. All we have is a gas station that sells everything you need, but of course it's all over priced. You may ask what this has to do with anything and I will tell you.

I want to make cookies and I have no flour. I've already been to the grocery store in another nearby town and forgot to get any. I have four kids (only three are mine) and one is napping. No trip to the gas station for me!

What's a girl to do? I'll tell you! Bake cookies! This is no big secret I'm sure and it kind of sucks that I can't make these cookies for my daughter's lunches as they include peanut butter but these three ingredient cookies take no time to whip up. I added some chocolate chips on top for extra chocolatey goodness and I got this recipe from the back of the Kraft Peanut Butter container. In case you haven't seen it or tried it, here is my recipe adapted from Kraft's Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
Handful of Chocolate Chips, M&Ms, Rolos or whatever you like

Mix peanut butter and sugar and egg.
Roll into balls, flatten and top with chocolate chips. I used four chocolate chips per cookie but
go crazy, add 5 or 6! :)
Bake at 325F for 15 minutes. Makes 12 cookies.

Enjoy and let me know how yours turn out or what you did differently?

Alison xo
Pin It!

No comments: